From Westwood, New Jersey, USA:

I work for a diabetes center and am trying to find publications, books, booklets, brochures, etc., geared toward children who have parents with diabetes, both type 1 and type 2. There is a wealth of information for parents with children who have diabetes, but not for kids who need to adjust their lives to accommodate their parents' health needs. Can you offer any suggestions?

I have not seen any publications that are specific to children who have parents with diabetes. However, there are several books about living with diabetes that have chapters for family members. You may also contact your local Cancer Center or Hospital to see if they have books for children coping with their parent's cancer or other illnesses.

[Editor's comment: I would suggest any of the books about diabetes that are geared toward children. See Books and Videos for Children and Teens. SS]