Question:

From Weyauwega, Wisconsin, USA:

For the past three months, my nine year old son, who has diabetes, has been having headaches and vomiting at least three times a week, he has lost weight and dehydrates very quickly. His doctors don't know what is wrong and have done CAT scans of his stomach along with x-rays. His blood sugars have been good. I was wondering if he is going threw a growing spurt. Could he be allergic to something? Is this normal?

Answer:

This is a serious problem, and you should go back to your doctors to seek an answer. It does not sound like it is related to diabetes and does not sound related to growth spurts. It could be an ulcer or gastroesophageal reflux. It could be migraine headaches. It also could be adrenal insufficiency or perhaps celiac disease. Thyroid disease is unlikely with these symptoms but needs to be checked out while all the others are also checked out.