Question:

From France:

I am writing in regards to many comments by people who have trouble with attaching the catheter. I do about seven hours per week of running and climbing, and my set stays in place for four to five days.

I first wipe the skin where I am going to inject the catheter with ether or alcohol, and I put a Tegaderm adhesive. Only then do I inject the catheter over the Tegaderm in such a way that the cannula's adhesive does not touch the skin but only the Tegaderm. Works fine for me.

Answer:

We also use Tegaderm under some of our sets. However, I would encourage changing the set every three days, cutting a small hole in the middle of the Tegaderm and inserting through that so that nothing from the Tegaderm is introduced as a foreign body into the skin.

LAD

Posted to Insulin Pumps