From Sydney, Australia:

I have had type 1 diabetes for 32 years, I have recently commenced using an insulin pump with Humalog, and I find that when I take a bolus the insulin stings, but it doesn't happen with the basal doses. Any further feedback or comments in regard to this? Would I be better on another brand of insulin, like Actrapid?

It's pretty rare to have Humalog sting, but it is certainly possible that you have some allergy. It is probably not from the insulin itself, but from one of the other stabilizing substances. I would suggest that you try Novolog since this is quite similar as a very rapid acting analog. Actrapid would be like Humulin regular and both would be significantly slower to cover postprandial hyperglycemia and both would have much longer tail effects.

Posted to Insulin Analogs