From Newcastle, Australia:

I have a three and a half year son with diabetes who is not always cooperative with blood sugar testing, so we test each other. My overnight fasting glucose is 100-110 mg/dl [5.6-6.1 mmol/L], and after a meal are about 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L]. While searching your site, I found a recommendation you made to a lady with gestational diabetes that a morning blood sugar should be under 90 mg/dl [5 mmol/L]. Is that for all people? Should I seek investigation for me for diabetes?

In terms of your own blood glucose levels, I would speak with your own physician since you may have the very earliest stages of developing diabetes -- particularly if you are always in the high-normal range. If you are overweight, this is a signal to get your weight under control.

[Editor's comment: If you're pregnant, then the numbers you quote for your tests are higher than desired -- the target blood sugar ranges for pregnancy are very strict. If you're not pregnant, the target ranges are usually allowed to be somewhat higher. Diagnostic levels are discussed at Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes. WWQ]