From Gordon, Texas, USA:

Since diabetes runs in my family, as a precautionary method we frequently test ourselves on a home monitor, and my four year old's blood sugar was 215 mg/dl [11.9 mmol/L]. However, we did notice after we had done it that strip was outdated, but not by very much. Will that affect the result great deal? Should I have her checked out by our family doctor? The only other symptoms I have noticed are tiredness, bruising and thirst.

You cannot count on outdated strips to accurately read blood sugar. However, with a strong family history of diabetes and symptoms of fatigue, bruising and thirst, it would be prudent to bring your concerns to the attention of your daughter's physician.