Question:

From Buffalo, New York, USA:

I am a 30 year old with type 1 diabetes diagnosed at age seven, and am on an ACE inhibitor, another blood pressure pill, and a water pill, along with various other medications. I have been told I have anemia and have had numerous tests done to rule out the cause, but since they were all normal, the doctors came to the conclusion that I was getting too high of a dosage of an ACE inhibitor. Have you ever heard of this? There was a discrepancy between some of the doctors as to the validity to this. Do you think that this is too much medication?

Answer:

This is a very specialized problem. Without access to all the data, I am afraid I cannot comment further. If it is any consolation, we have a number of patients on those medications and all at the same time.

Posted to Other Medications