From Indianapolis, Indiana, USA:

My 48 year old husband has type 2 diabetes, diagnosed about a year and a half ago. What are the side effects of the pill taken by men? Does it make a man feel numbness in his penis? If, so please explain.

I assume you mean the pill used to treat type 2 diabetes. Certainly individuals with diabetes may have a form of neuropathy which decreases the ability to have erections. The difficulty in having erections can be present at the time of diagnosis. This is more common than actually having the patient have a side effect from diabetes treatment medications.

Fortunately, this is treatable is some cases. I would suggest you have your husband see a physician regarding this problem.