From Brick, New Jersey, USA:

My eight year old son had a fasting blood sugar of 72 mg/dl [4 mmol/L], and two hours after a big breakfast, it was 60 mg/dl [3.3 mmol/L]. His doctor says my son has hypoglycemia and that I should increase his protein intake, but I am not satisfied and need more information.

Before drawing any conclusions or advice, a lab confirmation of the postprandial low blood sugar is mandatory. That said, low blood sugar after lunch are often physiological in children and need no further investigations or treatment.

[Editor's comment: Also, see Other causes of hypoglycemia at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]