From Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA:

My thirteen year old daughter complains of being tired, but has a problem sleeping and she said she starts shaking, midmorning at school. She prefers a high carbohydrate diet because she has nausea from birth control pills she is taking for irregular menses. Because we have family members with type 2 diabetes, I have checked some blood sugars 30 minutes after meals which have been 100-166 mg/dl [5.6-9.2 mmol/L] Is this abnormal 30 minutes after eating? Please advise if I should seek medical help.

I would review your daughter's symptoms with her physician. If you'd like to review the latest guidelines for diagnosing diabetes, please see Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes.