From Lahore, Pakistan:

I am 63 years old, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two weeks ago, and the doctor says I drink too much water, so I urinate more. Won't that drain salt out of my body? If I take extra salt to restore my body's level, won't that increase my increase blood pressure?

What you need is to receive treatment to decrease the level of glucose in your blood. That will prevent you from urinating and drinking so much. I would say that for the short-term, you can drink fluids with salt in them to replenish your body fluids. This is okay if you are urinating a lot. However, when the sugar comes down, and you are not urinating a lot, you should back off on the high salt liquids because they will increase your blood pressure over the long-term.

Posted to Type 2