Question:

From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

From last four years, I have had a sugar problem which I am trying to control by walking and food. In recent days I have found that during the day my sugar levels stay in between 110 and 135 mg/dl [6.1 and 7.5 mmol/L], but in the early in morning it has been between 145-185 mg/dl [8.1-10.3 mmol/L] and sometimes it goes up to 250 mg/dl [13.4 mmol/L]. Recently, I have used Heel's Syzygium compositum N and I am trying Glucorect PK 26. Could you please advise me in this case? Which medicine is suitable?

Answer:

The medications you are referring to are not FDA-approved medications for the treatment of diabetes. Because they have not been approved for treatment of diabetes, I cannot make any recommendations for their use.

[Editor's comment: Also, see Herbs and other Supplements, at the Diabetes Monitor, for some additional thoughts. WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations