From Liverpool, England:

I have diabetes, and I am worried that there will be loads of people looking after me who don't really know me! Who is involved in the care of people with diabetes? What do they all do?

I find it pretty depressing that you have to ask this question on-line. You must ensure that each member of the diabetes team looking after you identifies him/herself and his/her role.

Basically, you will have a Consultant (in charge of the team), a Diabetes Nurse Specialist who has special expertise in teaching all of the skills required and a dietitian who will advise re healthy eating. Other team members may include psychologists and social workers who will contribute if required.