Question:

From Castro Valley, California, USA:

I am 13 years old and this summer I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia after I has an unexpected seizure. What are the symptoms of an oncoming seizure?

Answer:

Please see hypoglycemia for a complete review of the symptoms which can lead to a hypoglycemic seizure.

[Editor's comment: I must point out that it is extraordinary to hear of a diagnosis of "hypoglycemia" being made based upon an unexpected seizure. If you haven't had a full evaluation by an endocrinologist and/or a neurologist, I'd suggest a referral by your doctor to one or the other. Also, see Other causes of hypoglycemia at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]