From San Diego, California, USA:

I am 39 years old, I have had type 2 for about six months, and I seem to be having hot flashes (untreated) which appear to impair my glucose a few days a month. Are my hormone levels raising or decreasing my insulin secretion or causing my insulin resistance? I there any way to tell the sequence of events that is going on?

With regard to your hormones, I am not sure whether you are experiencing hot flashes from menopause or not. You are quite young to be experiencing this, since the average age is 50 years. It is known that there can be periods of increased insulin resistance during the menstrual cycle with the greatest insulin resistance occurring before the menstrual flow begins.

Posted to Type 2 and Daily Care