Question:

From Scottsdale, Arizona, USA:

I developed gestational diabetes with my second child who was delivered on time and everything was normal. Four years later, I became pregnant again and everything was going fine. However at 25 weeks (a week before my test for gestational diabetes), while I was traveling with my husband, I started vomiting and went to the closest hospital where my baby was born prematurely. They tested for everything and couldn't come up with any cause. Would diabetes of any kind attribute to this? Please give me all of the information you can.

Answer:

Diabetes does not cause pre-term labor. It is more likely is that there was an underlying infection that led to the premature delivery. I am sorry that you had to go through all that.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes