From Birmingham, Alabama, USA:

I am a 36 year old male who has good blood sugar control, and I have been trying to lose weight for the past year. I am in fairly good shape, but I have a belly (and I hate bellies). I am trying to get rid of it by running and doing crunches. Does giving insulin injections in your belly would make you fat? If you eat a snack before exercising, my understanding is that you will just burn those carbohydrates. Is that true? It seems like it is all a catch-22. Any suggestions?

You need to visit a diabetes team and look at a diet and exercise/activity plan for a gradual weight loss. Insulin injections in the stomach do not cause obesity in that area.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss