Question:

From Portland, Oregon, USA:

I'm a 53 year old female with type 2 diabetes diagnosed three years ago, and periodically, my cheeks become inflamed with some small broken vessels. Sometimes the inflammation or burning is also diffused throughout my thoracic area (back and front) which lasts for several hours and than dissipates. I have been tested for lupus three times. Is this a reported symptom of diabetes?

Answer:

I do not have enough information to make a diagnosis over the Internet. but this is not necessarily related to diabetes. I suggest you speak with your physician more about this.