From Houston, Texas, USA:

I feel that my dad is having symptoms of diabetics because he is getting some kind of red patches on the skin. He is not ready to visit a doctor, so I want to know if there are any self test kits for diabetes so that we can confirm his condition?

I appreciate your concern about your dad. There are no home kits that I know of available to test for diabetes. You may wish to share with your dad why you are concerned and point him to our website for more information about diabetes. If he becomes sufficiently concerned, I bet he'll change his mind about being tested for diabetes -- especially if he has a concerned child like you that is trying to help him out!

[Editor's comment: You and your dad should look at symptoms of diabetes and Classification and Diagnosis of Diabetes. SS]