Question:

From Cairo, Egypt:

My nine and a half year old daughter is using a combination of Regular and NPH, but her results are not stable, and I know that the Lantus is much more stable. Are any doctors using the Humalog/Lantus insulin combination in children?

Answer:

Both insulins are available and used here in USA. I do have children on the regimen you describe -- Humalog before meals and one shot of Lantus (insulin glargine). It seems to work, but it is too soon to say if it is really better, but it is at least as good. I wonder if it doesn't help at night, but again it's too soon to say scientifically.

Posted to Insulin Analogs