From Honolulu, Hawaii, USA:

I am quite discouraged about not being able to get my blood glucose below 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L] very often. I do not drink, and I have given up peanut butter cups along a lot of other things so it is quite discouraging. I am wondering about peppermint life savers.

It's hard to give up the "treats" that we like. Have you spoken with your physician? It sounds like you might benefit from a session or two with a diabetes education team, including a dietitian.

Additional comments from Dr. Philip Ledereich:

You should review your diet and medication regimen with your physician and dietitian. Ask your physician if it is okay to exercise. Hopefully, you will be in better control.

[Editor's comment: You do not tell us whether you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes or what treatment you are currently on. In any case, I wholeheartedly agree with Dr Schwartz and Dr Ledereich. If you are not currently being followed by a diabetes team, please ask for a referral so that a treatment plan can be devised to meet the demands of your lifestyle and improve your glucose control. SS]