Question:

My 15 year old daughter gets blisters on her feet all the time so about six months ago, I took to the doctor who gave her some type of cream for fungus. Last week, we went back to the doctor because not only are there blisters on her feet, her hand also has tiny blisters, and this time the doctor ordered blood work to check for thyroid and diabetes. What is reason for these kind of tests?

Answer:

I'll assume that if your physician ordered testing for diabetes and thyroid disease, he has some suspicion that those diseases may be present. Your question may be best directed to the physician that ordered the tests. I would make sure in the future that you completely understand any testing that is being done on your daughter prior to leaving the physician's office.