From Seal Beach, California, USA:

I'm in the Navy, due for a transfer within ten months, and my son has type 1 diabetes. Do you have any suggestions for some of the best places or hospitals known for managing my son? I want to get my son as close as possible to the best.

There are excellent places in just about every major metropolitan area in the US, and there are naval facilities at lots of places, too. Offhand, for example, I know that there are naval bases (and local pediatric endocrinologists) around San Diego and Philadelphia.

[Editor's comment: I would put together a list of potential transfer sites and show them to your son's present diabetes team. Team members will be able to point you in the right direction. SS]

[Editor's comment: See Finding a New Diabetes Doctor when you move , at the Diabetes Monitor, for some additional advice. WWQ]