Question:

From Wyandotte, Michigan, USA:

I have been asked to make holiday cookies for my father-in-law who has diabetes, but I can't locate brown sugar substitute. Where can I buy brown sugar substitute for baking?

Answer:

I am not aware of any brown sugar substitute available for baking. You may want to trying using Splenda (suitable for baking) and reduce the amount of regular brown sugar that you would use for the cookies. Substitute the Splenda cup for cup in place of the sugar. This would make up for the little amount of brown sugar that you would be using for flavoring.

JMS