From Mentor, Ohio, USA:

I am 53 years old, have been on insulin for over ten years, and, recently, I've developed a red scaly rash that actually leaves my skin raw when the skin peels off. It is on the back of my left hand, in between the fingers on my right hand, and the side of my right foot. There isn't any itching, but it is painful. Both palms seem to be turning yellowish in patches. Skin cultures for fungus has been done and they were negative. Can this be something caused by the diabetes?

I am sorry, but I don't think I can help you on this one. I would recommend following with your dermatologist to determine the cause of the rash. There are some things that are more common with diabetes. However, it sounds like more work needs to be done to evaluate this problem.