Question:

From Edmonton, Canada:

Are there any laws that say how old a child must be to give him/herself an injection?

Answer:

Not that I am aware of, but common sense must dictate this. I think it is also important to recognise that young children may be enthusiastic participants at first then want a parent to take over the role again. Flexibility is vital. It is also up to the parents to ensure that doses are correct and/or that the child is capable of dialing/drawing up accurately. As a guide, most eight year olds are doing some or all of their own injections.