From McCleary, Washington, USA:

I was diagnosed with a abnormal form of hypoglycemia earlier this month. This form is like a person with diabetes gets to where, if my glucose levels get low, I get symptoms of that and need to eat something with sugar. My doctor told me that because of my size (I'm 221 pounds) and having hypoglycemia, I could possibly get diabetes within the next 10 years. Is it true that all hypoglycemics get diabetes in the future? Is there a way to cure the hypoglycemia?

As to the hypoglycemia, it does not presage typeá2, which in view of your weight would be the type to which you would be most vulnerable. It is occasionally a presenting symptom of typeá1A (autoimmune) diabetes.Treatment of hypoglycemia depends of course on a diagnosis of the specific cause.

[Editor's comment: See Other causes of hypoglycemia at the Diabetes Monitor for information on reasons that hypoglycemia might occur. WWQ]