From Peebles, Ohio, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes (treated with diet and exercise), and I have pain on my right side under my rib cage which my doctor says is muscle pain, but it does not go away. My doctor did give me nonsteroidal drugs, but they made me have headaches, and the pain is getting worse -- it wakes me up. I also have bad back pain and had an MRI which showed fluid leakage torn muscle tissue and a herniated disk. Is all this because of diabetes?

I really can't diagnose from the information you give. Has your doctor thought about reflux disease? I don't think I really can offer more.

[Editor's comment: I would suggest you ask for a referral to a neurologist or back surgeon. Your disk may be causing this pain. SS]

Posted to Aches and Pains