From Camilla, Georgia, USA:
I have several questions about my diabetes:
- I take a 24 hour insulin as well as oral medication, is that good or bad?
- At mid-morning, my sugar level drops. Why?
- What happens to the body if the level drops every day around the same time?
- Why is it necessary to feed (for a lack of a better word) the insulin?
- There are some mornings I don't want to eat, just juice, why?
- With such poor appetite, why am I still gaining weight?
I am at a loss at how to answer your questions. I think it would be helpful for you to take a class from your local diabetes education professionals. I believe some of your questions require basic instruction.
Original posting 7 Jan 2002
Posted to Other
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:28
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.