From Fort Smith, Arizona, USA:

I had been controlling my diabetes with diet and exercise until recently. Now I'm taking Glucophage XR [metformin], and I'm experiencing some serious energy effects. For the last 20 years, I've always been tired and worn down, especially after eating. Is the energy boost being caused by a side effect of the Glucophage, or is there something going on inside that I'm not aware of?

I would wonder if you aren't just feeling better in general (better glucoses, no nighttime bathroom trips, and perhaps, even some loss of weight). Keep up the good work

Posted to Pills for Diabetes