From Paragould, Arkansas, USA:

I am a house manager at a substance abuse recovery center. One of my clients has an elevated blood sugar count and his insulin will not bring it down. Before he came here his insulin was left unrefrigerated for two days. If Lantus [insulin glargine] is left unrefrigerated for two days will it affect the Insulin?

Insulin should do "just fine" if the current bottle is left at reasonable room temperatures (not freezing, nor superhot).

[Editor's comment: Also, please note that Lantus is not supposed to be used to bring blood sugars down on an urgent basis, since it only provides basal coverage. Correction boluses need to be given in the form of Humalog, Novolog, or Regular insulin. Please contact this man's physician for appropriate insulin coverage for the highs. SS]

Posted to Insulin Analogs