From Tallahassee, Florida, USA:

For the past two weeks, my two and a half year old daughter has been excessively thirsty and hungry, and also she has been complaining of a belly ache, is very pale, and tires very easily. She has had a few fevers up to 104 degrees as well. However, I do know that excessive urination is also a sign of diabetes, and she has not had this at all.

Her pediatrician did some blood test which were all normal except the "sed rate" [a test for inflammation]. The doctor said it was probably a bad virus that made it go high. He also took a urine sample which showed no sugar yet a moderate amount of ketones. Is it possible that we may have overlooked diabetes?

It sounds to me like your daughter's doctor has covered the bases and has excluded diabetes. The fevers and slightly raised sedimentation rate are in keeping with a viral infection.