Question:

From Bernie, Missouri, USA:

I would like to know more about the meal planning for a 34 year old who has just been told that she has type 2 diabetes. Where would eggs go on that meal plan?

Answer:

I hope you are in contact with a diabetes team and have had an individualized meal plan. Nowadays, this is standard practice.

Eggs count as a protein source, with one egg being the equivalent of one ounce of meat. If there is a problem with high blood cholesterol, the eggs may be limited, somewhat, so it is best to check with your diabetes team as to how often to include them, etc.

LSF