From the USA:

I have recently switched to a blood glucose meter that allows for alternate site testing. Is there anything I should do differently?

I would like to suggest when testing at these alternative sites, one should remember that while suspecting a hypoglycemic reaction, one should still do finger testing rather than arm testing. Also, in routine use of the arm test, remember that proper technique be used, including rubbing the arm before testing.

[Editor's comment: See: LifeScan and Therasense press releases. SS]