From Natick, Massachusetts, USA:

My 11 1/2 year old daughter, who has had type 1 diabetes for about two and a half years, seems to have trouble regulating her body temperature. She often has to change her pajamas about an hour into the night into a lighter weight pair because she is very hot and uncomfortable. It is almost as though she is having a "hot flash". This morning it happened again and on a whim I took her temperature which was 100.6 degrees F. She does not appear to be sick at all or showing any symptoms of illness. Her morning blood sugar was also slightly high (220 mg/dl [12.2 mmol/L]). Any thoughts?

I have no experience with this, but it would seem reasonable to suggest that it is a phenomenon associated with the hormonal surges of puberty. Provided she has no other symptoms, I would not be concerned.

Posted to Puberty