Question:

From Lantana, Florida, USA:

I need a three day menu plan (including breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime snack) for a 20 year old female, who is 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 150 pounds, and has type 2 diabetes.

Answer:

I would recommend meeting with a registered dietitian who specializes in working with people with diabetes. Nowadays, meal plans are individualized and personalized based on the person's calorie requirements and personal food preferences. Ask the physician for a referral or ask the local American Diabetes Association affiliate for some contacts.

JMS