From Mackworth, Derbyshire, England:

I have type 2 diabetes which is controlled by diet, and I know I can lose the weight, but I do need a suitable diet to follow. I have tried to lose weight on my own but find it a lot easier if I can follow a diet plan. Can you give me a planned diet to follow of what I can and cannot eat?

Meal planning for people with type 2 diabetes is a cornerstone treatment. Many people with type 2 diabetes can control their blood sugars effectively with weight loss and meal planning. Since meal planning nowadays is individualized to promote adherence and convenience, I would recommend that you meet with a registered dietitian who works with people with diabetes. He or she can develop a meal plan based on your usual eating times and food preferences.