From Springdale, Arizona, USA:

I am a 23 year old female, who has had type 1 diabetes for 10 months, and while I have always been cold natured, since I have been on insulin it has been unbearable, especially after I eat. My fingers and toes feel Arctic to the point that I can't even take notes in class. The other thing is that I have been having harsh tingling in my legs and feet and a delayed sense of touch on my legs. If I rub my hand on my thigh I feel the pressure then I feel the texture of my hand much later. Is this because of an allergic reaction to the insulin or something? When I try to talk to my doctor about it, he tells me it's all in my head that all insulin does is take care of sugar.

The usual allergic response to insulin is a skin rash at the sight of injection. I would talk with your doctor to see if thinks think it could be some other rheumatologic problem. Ten months is a short period of time to develop full blown neuropathy. I would look for another cause.

[Editor's comment: If your physician is unsure what to do, ask for a referral to a neurologist. WWQ]