From Newcastle, Australia:

My pop, who has type 2 diabetes, is coming to stay with me. What foods should we should not have in the house?

Really, no foods are forbidden on a meal plan for a person with diabetes. What is more important nowadays is the portion sizes as opposed to "good food vs. bad foods". I would recommend that you ask your father what he is used to eating and accommodate his needs. Meal planning is more flexible today without having to compromise blood sugar control. I salute you in your desire to make your father comfortable with his diabetes management.