Question:

From Marion, Ohio, USA:

My six year old daughter has had various symptoms (nausea, vomiting, weight loss, sometimes impaired vision, burning sensation when urinating, etc.), and at times, when she is complaining of her stomach hurting and vomiting, she has a really strong sweat odor to her. The first doctor we took her to tested her for diabetes, mono, and urinary tract infection. He determined at first that she had mono, but then a second blood test done revealed that it was a false positive. The second doctor we took her to has ordered x-rays of her stomach, blood work and is referring her to a stomach specialist. Does this sound like symptoms of diabetes? Would it be possible for my daughter's first blood test to not have any traces of sugar in it?

Answer:

It sounds to me like your physician is doing a great complete work-up of your daughter's complaints. I doubt that this represents diabetes, but I would continue to follow your physician's direction for further consultation and testing.