From Cincinnati, Ohio, USA:

I have type 2 diabetes, treated with insulin and Glucophage [metformin], and during the night, both my legs and sometimes my feet feel like they are going numb. They tingle like your foot is going to sleep is the best way I can describe it. It doesn't happen every night. What is causing this? How can I get it to stop?

This might be neuropathy, and there is treatment available. Describe your symptoms to your doctor, and at the same time, you might for a referral to a neurologist who is experienced in treating this.

[Editor's comment: Also, see Diabetes and Foot Pain at the Diabetes Monitor. WWQ]