From The Woodlands, Texas, USA:

My 21 year old son, who has type 1 diabetes, has been hospitalized three times for DKA [diabetic ketoacidosis] and has also been taken to the emergency room five times for low blood sugar, but he contends that he does not need counseling. Are there any support groups for adults in our area? I think he would be more apt to go to something like that than to visit one on one with a counselor.

The best way to find out if there are any support groups in your area is to contact your local American Diabetes Association office and/or contact your son's diabetes team. Your son needs help. Please be sure to get it for him.