From South Korea:

I am 17 years old, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just a week ago, and I've heard news regarding the use of an insulin pump. I know it's too early to consider use of it in the near future, but I am thinking of it in the next year or so as a possibility. Will use of the insulin pump be more effective than daily injections in preventing the long-term complications (kidney, eye, nerve damage) associated with diabetes?

We've answered questions like this before. Please see previous questions about insulin pump use and Is pumping for you?

Posted to Insulin Pumps