Question:

From South Korea:

I am 17 years old, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just a week ago, and I've heard news regarding the use of an insulin pump. I know it's too early to consider use of it in the near future, but I am thinking of it in the next year or so as a possibility. Will use of the insulin pump be more effective than daily injections in preventing the long-term complications (kidney, eye, nerve damage) associated with diabetes?

Answer:

We've answered questions like this before. Please see previous questions about insulin pump use and Is pumping for you?

SS

Posted to Insulin Pumps