From Fayetteville, Ohio, USA:

My seven year old son, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age three, can focus on tasks like movies, Legos -- things that he enjoys -- but school work can become a chore. I not sure if he is just being stubborn or if he is having a problem. He is getting lower grades on information I know he knows, and his teachers are wondering if he could have ADD. Could my son's lack of focus on tasks that he is not interested in be his diabetes? Is he a candidate for ADD testing?

If your son's diabetes control is not a problem, and he is not having frequent hypos at school, I would suggest that if you and the teachers are concerned that he may have ADHD, then I would advise that you have it checked out.

Posted to School and Daycare