Question:

From Imperial, Nebraska, USA:

I am in the process of moving to the Bend, Oregon area, and I need to find a doctor who specializes in type 1 diabetes. Is there an easy way of going about finding a doctor?

Answer:

The American Medical Association has on-line basic information about every doctor in the United States listed by name and speciality. See AMA Physician Select. You can search for the doctors in "Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism" practicing in the area you are moving to. However, my search just now returned no results. You might want to search nearby towns.

DM

[Editor's comment: See Finding a New Diabetes Doctor when you move at the Diabetes Monitor. SS]