Question:

From Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, USA:

I am looking for a spa for people with diabetes because I need a new start in diet education and help in evaluating my eating habits. Do you know of any in the US other than Canyon Ranch in Arizona?

Answer:

No, I do not know of any others.

[Editor's comment: The best place for you to start is with a referral to a registered dietitian who can help you devise an individualized meal plan based on your food preferences and personal health goals. There are many recognized diabetes programs for adults in your area. Contact your local American Diabetes Association affiliate or call the American Association of Diabetes Educators at 1-800-TEAM UP for a listing of programs and educators in your area.

If you're looking to get away while doing this, you might also want to check out Taking Control of Your Diabetes run by Dr Stephen Edelman throughout the country. There are also many diabetes centers throughout the US; once again check with the ADA about options. SS]