Question:

From Palmer, Alaska, USA:

My 54 year old husband, who had a quintuple cardiac by-pass just prior his type 2 diabetes diagnosis two years ago, is taking Glucovance to control his glucose levels. It is working well most of the time; however, he thinks he can eat what he wants without ill effects as long as the Glucovance keeps his levels down. I say no, he still needs to watch his diet. Who is right?

Answer:

I would expect he has a few pounds to lose. He needs to listen to the dietitians.

[Editor's comment: I suggest you set up a meeting with yourself, your husband, and his dietitian to discuss this matter. SS]