From Austin, Texas, USA:

I have had type 1 diabetes for 15 months. Almost five months ago I had my TSH level checked which was 2.26 (normal: 0.36-5.6), and a recent result was 4.36. I have had some symptoms of being hypothyroid (which is why the test was originally done, and I asked to have it repeated). Is this rather significant change a cause for concern? If so, what other tests should I request?

Both of your test results are in the normal range. TSH levels fluctuate on an hour by hour basis.

As long as your levels fall within the normal range, there is no cause for concern. Discuss your concerns with your physician, and he may recommend repeating the thyroid test in a few months if you continue to experience the symptoms of hypothyroidism.

Posted to Thyroid