From New York, New York, USA:

I'm 26 years old; I have had type 2 diabetes for three months, and I am not taking medication. My fasting blood glucose readings always fall between 130-135 mg/dl [7.2-7.5 mmol/L] and my two hour after meal readings are 145-160 mg/dl [8.1-8.9 mmol/L], but I have noticed that 20-30 minutes after eating a meal rich in sweets, my blood sugar goes up to 170-180 mg/dl [9.4-10 mmol/L] and then drops back to about 150 mg/dl [8.3 mmol/L] two hours later. Why is that?

Blood sugars rise within five minutes in "normal" people after meals. You would not be any different. The difference between people with diabetes and people without diabetes is the magnitude and duration of the rise in blood sugars after the meal. It would be best if the sugars after meals at two hours are less than 140 mg/dl [7.8 mmol/L] (with some variability for different opinions). It is also true that what you eat determines what happens to your post-meal sugar. That is why it is good to monitor, even if you are not on medication, because it gives you good feedback for telling you what your blood sugars do with different foods.