From Australia:

I am very interested in the pump and would like to try it out. The only problem is I've heard is that they are rather expensive. Could you tell me approximately how much it is and the costs to maintain it?

An insulin pump costs about US$5,200, and the supplies will cost about $2-3/day. I would check with your National health care system to see what they will pay for. If you do try it and do not like it (doesn't happen often, but it does happen), you can return it. We suggest allowing yourself a good 1-2 months to get adjusted to it.

[Editor's comment: See also Is pumping for you? SS]

Posted to Insulin Pumps